Thursday, September 25, 2008

Love

Love is always mutual and reflective. You may hate me, and if I want to love you, you repulse me. But if I persist, in a month or a year you are bound to love me. It is a well-known psychological phenomenon.Our first duty is not to hate ourselves, because to advance we must have faith in ourselves first and then in God. Those who have no faith in themselves can never have faith in God. Purity, patience, and perseverance are the three essentials to success and, above all, love. Some people are so afraid of losing their individuality. Wouldn’t it be better for the pig to lose his pig-individuality if he canbecome God? Yes. But the poor pig does not think so at the time. Which state is my individuality? When I was a baby sprawling on the floor trying to swallow my thumb? Was that the individuality I should be sorry to lose? Fifty years hence I shall look upon this present state and laugh, just as I now look upon the baby state. Which of these individualities shall I keep? Strength is life, weakness is deathThe book one must read to learn natural sciences is the book of nature. The book from which to learn religion is your own mind and heart.

No comments: